20 Traits of a Great Air Conditioning Contractor
1. Is licensed and pulls permits on all jobs
2. Has a physical location (not a residence or office suite) with an extensive warehouse
3. You can reach a human voice 24/7 365 days a year
4. Has multiple NATE certified service technicians
5. Has Service vans with a fully stocked parts inventory.
6. Can talk to a manager during business hours.
7. Guarantees repairs in writing for 2 years
8. Service Invoices have a places to record technical data
9. Post a/c installation report records performance data to verify proper installations.
10. Service Call fee includes diagnosis time
11. Can and does thoroughly clean evaporator and condenser coils during maintenance.
12. Company recognizes greater of importance Duct Sealing over Duct Cleaning
13. Belongs to trade organizations like ACCA
14. Is a Factory Authorized Dealer or premium dealer for their brand
15. Has an Energy Rater on staff or someone trained to do load calculations
16. Has modern service diagnostic equipment to accurately record and measure pressures and refrigerant levels like digital gauges.
17. Can and does eliminate moisture from existing refrigerant during ac unit installation by using nitrogen and drawing a near vacuum.
18. Has an ongoing training program for employees on best industry practices
19. Is involved in multiple organizations in the local community.
20. Can Seal Air Ducts with modern technology like Aeroseal and is able to provide measurements of Duct Leakage for amount of duct leakage.