Bay Area High Performance HVAC Tune-Ups Benefit YOU!
Bay Area Air Conditioning, Inc. is not out to waste your money. Our high-performance tune-up is designed to make sure your Air Conditioner is performing as well as it gain in the hot Florida sun. We don’t believe in cutting corners.
Here is a list of the procedures done with each Bay Area High Performance Tune-Up and the benefits of each step.
- Condenser Coil: will be inspected and cleaned as required.
Benefit: Dirty coils raise refrigerant pressure higher than needed, increasing your energy bill.
- Evaporator Coil: will be inspected and cleaned “in place” as required. Ifowner.
Benefit: Evaporator coils become dirty because air filters only collect a portion when paying your energy bill.
- Blower Wheels: will be inspected and cleaned as needed.
Benefit: Dirty blower wheels reduce airflow, causing longer operating time and increased cost. This problem can lead to lost comfort and compressor failure.
- Refrigerant Charge: will be inspected by superheat/sub-cooling method. Only certified technicians may check refrigerant levels due to Federal regulations.
Benefit: A low or high refrigerant charge can easily go unnoticed and increase operating costs. An improper charge can cause compressor shutdown.
Refrigerant does not evaporate!
- Air Filter: Permanent filters will be cleaned; temporary filters are replaced (if you order them in advance or have them on hand). Tip: Ask our Technician how often you should be cleaning/changing your air filter(s).
Benefit: A restricted air filter can cause your air conditioning unit to waste energy and shorten the compressor’s life.
- Thermostats: will be inspected and calibrated as required.
Benefit: Improperly calibrated thermostats allow the unit to run longer than necessary.
- Controls and Safeties: will be inspected and tested.
Benefit: Controls and safeties that do not function properly can increase operation costs and cause other components to fail.
- Motors: will be cleaned and inspected as needed.
Benefit: Dirty motors are less efficient and will fail sooner. Capacitors: will be tested.
Benefit: Bad capacitors can lead to compressor and motor failure-expensive to replace.
- Condensate Drain Pan and Drain Lines: will be inspected and cleaned to ensure it is open and flowing correctly.
Benefit: Algae will plug a condensate drain, which could cause expensive water damage and a plumbing repair.
- Relays and Contactors: will be inspected.
Benefit: worn contactors and loose wire connections can lead to a motor or compressor failure.
- Unit disconnects: will be inspected.
Benefit: A worn overheated disconnect blows fuses and is dangerous. Unit wiring: will be inspected.
Benefit: Loose connections can lead to a motor or compressor failure. Temperature and Pressure: will be checked and recorded.
Benefit: An accurate record of your equipment’s vital data can indicate potential problems, which may be eliminated before the problem occurs. All unit data/notes will be kept, which may be helpful on any future work or emergency service calls.